she chose to upload it, so either that was the end game to get to One Direction or I don't know what she was thinking.
I have done alot to my hair to include actually ironing my hair and nothing like that has ever happened. The look on her face is priceless
Oh! To be young and stupid again!
I think about my hair mishaps and how I would play it off as *I meant to do that!*…good times, good memories!!
I burned my forehead once, and had to walk around with my Jersey girl bangs sprayed and teased to the center of my face.Didn't meet anybody famous, lol
I sat there with my mouth open yesterday as I watched in horror because I use a similar wand on my hair every. Single. Day. Luckily for the past 2 years I've never run into a similar problem aside from the few burns when I first started. I even put hairspray in my hair prior to using the wand and nothing like this has ever occurred, thankfully. I am absolutely curious as to how this happened to her. Was her hair extremely brittle? Faulty wand? It has been driving me bonkers.
Lol funniest hair mishap video ever. She should cut off the other side and style it into a jewish curl.
Immediately sent this off to my 15 year old niece who flat irons her hair every day. Hopefully she'll be both amused and appalled.
that's the problem with cameras you get so caught up in recording yourself you forget what you are doing, like burning off your hair.
Her expression is so funny. I think she's actually in denial for a few seconds. "That's a big chunk of hair there. How did it get there?"
Also, I once saw a girl, whose hair was so crispy from bleaching and hairspray, burn her bangs off with her own cigarette. They went up in smoke in a split second like flash paper.
I burned my hair off using a 110V high-powered curling iron and a 220V converter when I was living in Germany. I never thought to capitalize on it though. I was mostly just ashamed. Kids these days…
Well I saw the video and it appears genuine, but I will admit my first reaction was the same as Timebob's. I kept trying to think — What was the ulterior motive for making this? Even after seeing it, I can't believe it's real, whatever happened is either faked or she/her family somehow prepped for this to happen. (The curling iron company would have gone out of business years ago if a teen could burn off a hunk of hair in five seconds.)
I think it's real. She left her hair wrapped round the iron for too long. I had a friend do that to her own hair. Sad but true.
I don't think it was too long. And surely she smelled her hair burning? So weird. This is why young ladies shouldn't mess around with their baby hair.
OMG that was painful to watch. She has really thin hair and decides to wrap it around the barrel for 20 seconds or longer? Probably on a heat setting too high for her hair also. She needs to watch some of the other girls videos before she attempts this again.
Her hair was probably wayyyyy over processed as well…Too much color/other processes + curling iron = melty hair
Her hair didn't look bleached though. Her eyebrows are blonde too.Did you guys see it smoking? You can see smoke coming out of it.
I can sympathize. About 2 years ago I got bored and decided to use a highlight kit on my entire head of hair. I had black, orange, yellow, white, and silver hair. Plus it was fried. I had to have a friend fix it and it made it worse. I have naturally curly hair but it was so damaged it just hung there like a bad perm. I have had my chair cut very short 4 times now and still have fried ends. I will never color my hair myself again
I feel so bad for her!
Too much processing. Too much product. Too high a heat setting. And way too long a time.
Everything was wrong in that video in addition to the heat! She was curling the hair the wrong direction, curling it along the iron instead of in a hair-over-hair method and twisting the hair (pointless)!
i always wonder why people still go ahead and upload these videos. she didnt HAVE to upload this!??! unless it was a live tutorial?? odd
I don't use a curling iron…I use a flat iron.