Monday, July 21, 2014

"Patriot" Actress Dies At 21

Skye McCole Bartusiak, who played Mel Gibson's young daughter in 2000's The Patriot, has died. She was 21. At the present time it does not look like she died of a drug overdose or anything mysterious. Her boyfriend found her in her bed and she had a long history of suffering from epileptic seizures. Her family suspects she choked and no one was home to help.

21 comments:

sugarbread maker said...

Sads rip sweetheart

sandybrook said...

RIP too young

Anna Katherine Nonymous said...

terribly sad for her friends and family, RIP. I can't imagine finding a loved one like that, how devastating for the boyfriend.

Steampunk Jazz said...

Poor kid. RIP

Ray Nicolet said...

RIP! She always made me cry while watching The Patriot.

Sarah said...

So that makes two early deaths from the movie, she played Heath's sister. RIP

Karen said...

@Ray, same here! She was very good in it. RIP, Skye. :(

Renoblondee said...

That is so tragic. So sad.

FrenchGirl said...

She was too young to die RIP

bunny honey said...

RIP young child. And with the movies you made you will be forever remembered.

figgy said...

So sad.

My brother has epilepsy, and they tend to generate a lot of saliva during a seizure, and there is that danger that they can choke on it. :-(

AJ said...

Very sad. RIP. She was so young.

I loved her in the Patriot.
I have very fond memories of seeing it with a large group of friends.

TalksTooMuch said...

Oh my goodness, how terrible. Rip

8====D KermitGossnellKnobjob said...

RIP young lady.

auntliddy said...

So young!!!!! Rest peacefully little one.

PotPourri said...

Sweet Little Angel-baby. One of the good ones.

The Real Dragon said...

damn rip

astra worthington said...

Oh no, poor thing. RIP, The Patriot is one of my favorite movies ever :(

NATHANIEL MANELLA said...

Mel Gibson's daughter from The Patriot dies aged 21. Authorities move to rule out Racism as cause of Death.

it took forever said...

so very sad, so young

Gypsytrill said...

I lost a friend a few months ago, she had a seizure in her sleep and choked to death. It was terrible. She was out camping with her family, and they let her "sleep in" and didn't check on her until it was too late.