Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Jon Benet's Father Suing CBS



The father of JonBenét Ramsey -- a child beauty pageant winner who was found dead inside her parents' Colorado home in 1996 -- has filed a lawsuit against CBS over a “docu-series” about the highly publicized case.

John Ramsey’s suit, filed Sept. 14, also names participants in the production of "The Case of JonBenet Ramsey," specifically Stanley Burke, Jim Clemente, James Fitzgerald, James Kolar, Henry Lee, Laura Richards and Werner Spitz, the Daily Camera newspaper in Boulder reported.

The father’s suit is similar to a defamation lawsuit filed last year by Ramsey's son, Burke Ramsey, who is suing CBS and others involved with the same “docu-series” for $750 million.

The younger Ramsey claims the network’s report ignored evidence to falsely implicate him.

The lawsuit says CBS and its featured experts set out to conduct a "sham reinvestigation" of the murder with "the preconceived storyline" that Burke Ramsey killed his sister and conspired with his parents to conceal the truth.

"The accusation that Burke Ramsey killed his sister was based on a compilation of lies, half-truths, manufactured information, and the intentional omission and avoidance of truthful information about the murder of JonBenét Ramsey," the lawsuit says.

A copy of the father's lawsuit was not immediately available, but was scheduled for a status conference Dec. 15.

The body of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey was found beaten and strangled at her family's home in Boulder on Dec. 26, 1996, just hours after Patsy Ramsey, the girl’s mother, called 911 to report her daughter missing after discovering a ransom note.

Patsy Ramsey, also a beauty pageant winner, died of ovarian cancer at age 49 in 2006.

8 comments:

B626 said...

Good
That show was a pathetic quest for ratings

hothotheat said...

I didn't see the show but I think they're right. If a 7 year old can kill his little sister so can an 11 year old who had previously injured her.

David Howes said...

I saw the show and the group did do a through job of investigating the incident (albeit 20 years later).

But, I think the parents screwed up the most.

Burke was 11 and he did have the opportunity to attack his sister because she took a chunk of pineapple from his bowl of pineapple and milk.

(A partial piece of pineapple was found during autopsy in her stomach.)

And, the only thing with no fingerprints on the table was the flashlight. It was wiped clean. (The investigators showed that it fit the wound on JonBenet head where her skull was broken.)

If the parents had just admitted Burke hit Jon with the flashlight in a fit of rage; and didn't create such a drama about it, Burke would have never been charged because Colorado -- at that time -- had a law that stated a minor under 12, could NOT be charged with murder.

But, if the dad wants to continue the pain of this, Burke could still get charged today, because now -- if convicted -- he'd be sent to prison.

Carter Bondurant said...

David Howes....I agree with everything you said.

Courtney said...

I wonder how much money this family has won from lawsuits. I believe they sued the National Enquirer and a book author as well. Now CBS. If either of these men actually did have anything to do with Jon Benet's death and have profited in the millions - that's a certain kind evil.

hunter said...

The whole thing is why would anyone leave a ransom note for a body which is already dead in the basement?

The father was covering up for the son and the wife freaked out and called the cops before he could move the body.

The family did it, who how what when doesn't really matter; it is otherwise so obvious.

Autumn said...

Of course it had to be the family. Any father with money and power would not rest until his child's killer was found. This man rests easy.

TellMeLies said...

She wasn't beaten.